My main research goal is to make child healthcare services more efficient, effective and engaging with the help of social robots. I therefore study co-design methods for different types of stakeholders, such as healthcare professionals and children. I also study real-world social robot applications on stress-reduction and self-disclosure, including personalization and trust.
- Ph.D. on Social Human-Robot Interaction. Thesis topic: “Social Robots for Child Mental Support in Health Domain”. Advisors: Prof. Dr. J.F.M. Masthoff, Dr. M.M.A. de Graaf (October 2024, Utrecht University).
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, track Cognitive Science. Thesis topic: “Tailoring Online Cognitive Behavioral Therapy via Communication Analysis and Reinforcement Learning” (October 2019, VU University).
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Propaedeutic Exam Bachelor of Science Italian Language & Culture. Thesis topic: “Transitional Probabilities within Adjective-Noun Combinations” (June 2016, Leiden University & Università di Bologna).
OTHER RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Research visit: Development of a game played with a social robot to improve child’s emotion recognition. Game design, implementation, testing, and paper writing, supervised by Prof. Ana Paiva (2023, GAIPS lab, Instituto Superior Técnico / INESC ID)
- Research internship: Data analysis and interviews of the NiceDay app for online therapy. Writing blogs, coaching and support (2019, Sense Health / Nice Day Rotterdam).
- Research internship: Child’s Culture-Related Experiences with a Social Robot at Diabetes Camps in Italy and the Netherlands (European PAL project) (2016, TNO Den Haag).
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE
- Women in Information and Computing Sciences (WICS), Steering Committee.
- CS Diversity Committee, Advisory Board.
- Reviewer at several conferences (e.g., HRI, RO-MAN) and journals (e.g., tHRI).
- Student Volunteer at several conferences (IDC 2021, AIED 2021, HRI 2023).
- Workshop Organizer UU Bachelor Open Day 2019.
- PhD Panel Member UU Master Open Day 2020 and 2021.